Product Claims:“The Triphala Pigmentation Corrector is a unique serum that uses multi-pathway approach to help fade stubborn hyperpigmentation and comprises a formula that houses three ancient superfruits and twelve powerhouse brighteners, peptides, antioxidants and reparatives for powerful and visible results.” – Sachi Skin Website.
HILARY SAYS REVIEW:
Sachi Skin Triphala Pigmentation Corrector claims to “provide powerful and visible results with 3 ancient superfruits and a multi-pathway approach to helping fade stubborn hyperpigmentation”.
It contains very beneficial ingredients:
– Gluconolactone: gentle exfoliant (PHA)
– Penetration Enhancer (aids the penetration of active ingredients): Dimethyl Isosorbide, Dicaprylyl Carbonate
– Depigmenting agents (for hyperpigmentation): Acetyl Glycyl Beta-Alanine, Safflower Seed Oil Piperonyl Esters, Silybum Marianum Seed Oil (also skin repairing), Diglucosyl Gallic Acid (also skin repairing), Acetyl Rheum Rhaponticum Root Extract, Hexylresorcinol
– Humectants (for hydration) – Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Glycerin
– Antioxidants (fight free radical to prevent skin damage) – Niacinamide (also helps even out skin tone), Terminalia Chebula Fruit Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Plankton Extract, Tocopherol
– Skin Soothing/Anti-Inflammatory: Bisabolol
My only issue with this serum is that some of the depigmenting agents do not have extensive research on how well they work on hyperpigmentation; it is mainly research done by the company that developed the ingredient. So, it is difficult to say how well it will work on hyperpigmentation and the type/level of hyperpigmentation it can help clear. Using it for hyperpigmentation will be pretty much based on trial and error but it has some powerful antioxidants and skin repairing ingredients.
Photo Credit: Toria Talks Beauty