“A light, refreshing, deeply hydrating daily moisturizer that supports cellular renewal and dramatically improves the skin’s appearance.” – Augustinus Bader Website.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Phosphatidylcholine, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Xanthan Gum, Butylene Glycol, Panthenol, Sodium Carbomer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Squalane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Lecithin, Cholesterol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide Np, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Superoxide Dismutase, Citric Acid, Dextran, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-8, Alanyl Glutamine, Arginine, Ceramide Ng, Glycine, Lysine, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Phenylalanine, Proline, Scenedesmus Rubescens Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dextran Sulfate, Brassica Alba Oil, Disodium Edta, Oligopeptide-177, Sodium Ascorbate, Tocopherol.
HILARY SAYS REVIEW:
Augustinus Bader is like the “new age” Crème de la Mer, Augustinus Bader – The Cream claims to reduce the signs of aging including the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation; stimulates production of collagen, promotes elasticity, and normalizes the skin barrier, leaving skin fresh, supple, plump, and smooth.
Thankfully, unlike Crème de la Mer’s La Mer moisturizing cream, this has many beneficial ingredients like:
– Emollient/Skin Replenishing: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Squalane, Sunflower Seed Oil, Lecithin
– Humectants/Water Binding: Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Phosphatidylcholine, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Dextran
– Antioxidants: Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Superoxide Dismutase, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate
– Skin Soothing: Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
– Barrier Repair: Cholesterol, Ceramides, Amino Acids, Peptides, Fatty Acids
My only issue with this cream is the price tag. There isn’t any ingredient in this product that is new/groundbreaking to make it worth the price. These ingredients can be easily found in many other affordable moisturizers (e.g., Paula’s Choice Omega + Complex Moisturizer). Apart from that, this would be a great moisturizer.
Photo Credit: Blue is in fashion this year